Parkinson’s Care Services
At Loving Home Care Services, we aim to ease the process of dealing with Parkinson’s by providing a spectrum of care services. Our Home Care Assistants and Care-Aides are specially trained to develop a plan of care for those with Parkinson’s, including assistance with daily activities like bathing and dressing, companionship services, nursing support or relief from household chores. We work with our clients to develop a plan that allows one to continue living comfortably.
Loving Home Care Services proudly carries 25 years of experience providing Parkinson’s care in the North Shore and Greater Vancouver area. We pride ourselves on helping seniors continue to live comfortably in their own homes while providing the highest quality of home care in a safe, dignified and respectable manner.
Home Care for Parkinson’s
Our role at Loving Home Care Services is to develop a specialized plan for our clients while incorporating therapy, medication management and assistance with daily tasks like cooking, bathing or dressing. We offer a full spectrum of services to fit our senior client’s needs while helping ease the daily life of living with Parkinson’s.
The program we develop together can draw from any of the following services:
- In-Home Services: Our Home Care Assistants and Certified Care-Aides are specially trained to work with individuals with Parkinson’s, providing medication administration or other care services as needed such as; bathing and dressing to cooking and meal preparation, allowing seniors to continue living in their own homes.
- Home Management: We know it can be difficult as a family care-aide to conduct regular home management tasks, like grocery store runs doing laundry, or taking care of pets. That’s why we offer custom home support services, taking some of those tasks off your hands as needed.
- Companionship: Our Home Care Assistants and Certified Care-Aides are available to provide companionship to your loved one when you can’t be there, whether that involves going for a walk, reading a book or playing a game.
- Nursing & LPN Support Services: Our Certified Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses can ensure you or your loved ones receive proper care at home, providing medication administration or other medical services as prescribed.
- Prescription Delivery: Through our partnership with Miracle Prescriptions Ltd., we can deliver prescribed medication seven days a week, ensuring you or your family members stay on top of their medication.
Get Started with Your Complimentary Assessment Today
We work directly with our clients to put together the right package of services required to help our seniors where they need it the most.
It’s tough to leave the care of a loved one in the hands of another so to have such caring, trusting people who care so much is so comforting and alleviates much of the stress that comes along with having to rely other people. The caregivers became an extension of our family and treated us as one of theirs.
What is Parkinson’s?
Parkinson’s is a disorder of the brain that can greatly affect movement, resulting in shakiness and difficulty walking, moving, speaking or swallowing. The condition is caused by a lack of dopamine in the brain, a chemical that is used to help control muscle movement throughout the body. Without the dopamine, the brain can’t send proper signals to muscles in the rest of the body.
Parkinson’s progresses slowly in most people, often taking years to develop. It can affect one or both sides of the body, and the speed that it progresses varies from person to person. Early symptoms typically include a mild tremor or slight feeling of stiffness. Later symptoms include greater issues with movement and some non-motor symptoms, including cognitive changes, sleep and mood disorders or other issues.
Parkinson’s currently has no cure, so treatment for the condition mainly consists of managing the symptoms and maintaining quality of life. Treatment can involve medications that increase levels of dopamine, good overall nutrition and health, physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy. Home modifications like railings or special eating utensils can also help individuals manage symptoms.
Our Role As A Care Provider
Here at Loving Home Care Services, we will work closely with our clients to develop an initial plan for coping with Parkinson’s, and we will modify the plan as the condition progresses or changes.
Learn more about our trusted In-Home Care Services, call us today at 604.926.8403
Take a closer look at our Level I, III and III Care Services for more.