Dementia Care Services
At Loving Home Care Services, we have extensive experience working with seniors and their families who live with Dementia. Dementia affects every aspect of a person’s life, and that’s why we offer comprehensive and custom services tailored to your needs. Whether it involves helping with daily activities like bathing and dressing, relief from household tasks like grocery shopping and laundry, or nursing support and medication administration, Loving Home Care Services is here to help. We are family owned and operated, and carry 24 years of experience by providing our senior clients the highest level of Dementia care. We work to help our senior clients stay in their home as they age while tailoring care towards the needs of you and your family.
Home Care for Dementia
Loving Home Care Services offers a spectrum of services to fit the needs of our senior clients to help deal with dementia. Whether its needing assistance to cook, companionship, medication reminders or nursing support, our role is to develop a custom program for our clients so they can remain to stay in their home as they age. The program we develop together can draw from any of the following services:
- In-Home Services: Our Certified Care-Aides are specially trained to work with individuals with dementia, providing medication administration or other care services as needed such as; bathing and dressing to cooking and meal preparation, allowing seniors to continue living in their own homes.
- Home Management: We know it can be difficult as a family care-aide to conduct regular home management tasks, like grocery store runs doing laundry, or taking care of pets. That’s why we offer home support services, taking some of those tasks off your hands as needed.
- Companionship: Our Certified Care-Aides are available to provide companionship to your loved one when you can’t be there, whether that involves going for a walk, reading a book or playing a game.
- Nursing & LPN Support Services: Our certified registered nurses, and licensed practical nurses can ensure you or your loved ones receive proper care at home, providing medication administration or other medical services as prescribed.
- Prescription Delivery: Through our partnership with Miracle Prescriptions Ltd., we can deliver prescribed medication seven days a week, ensuring you or your family members stay on top of their medication.
Get Started with a FREE Consultation
Victorina took wonderful care of our mother whose progressive dementia made daily living in her home increasingly challenging. A great caregiver and companion, Victorina provided a level of home support that enabled Mom to live in her own home safely. We highly recommend LHCS.
What is Dementia?
Dementia is a term that describes a wide range of symptoms involving a decline in memory and mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Alzheimer’s is the most common type of dementia, but there are many other conditions that can cause symptoms of dementia. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, the second most common type of dementia is vascular dementia, which occurs after a stroke. There are also some conditions that cause dementia symptoms that are reversible, like thyroid problems and vitamin deficiencies.
Symptoms of dementia can vary greatly, but they typically involve significant impairment of memory, communication and language, ability to focus and pay attention, reasoning and judgment, or visual perception. Dementias are typically progressive conditions, starting out with mild memory loss or other symptoms and gradually worsening. The late stage of dementia can greatly impact an individual’s regular functions, including the ability to hold a conversation or respond to their environment.
Dementia is caused by damage to brain cells, and there’s no single test to determine if someone has dementia, given the variety of conditions involved. While some conditions are treatable, most progressive dementia conditions, like Alzheimer’s, don’t have a cure. There are treatments available to temporarily slow the worsening of dementia symptoms and improve one’s quality of life, but the treatments don’t stop the progression of symptoms.
Our Role As A Care Provider
Our role at Loving Home Care Services is to work with our clients to develop a specialized dementia care plan specific to one’s current abilities, and deal with the stages of dementia that a senior client may be dealing with. We will modify the plan with you as the condition progresses or changes, and will always be in communication every step of the way.
Learn more about our trusted in-home care services, call us today at 604.926.8403
Take a closer look at our Level I, III and III Care Services for more.
We work directly with our clients to put together the right package of services required to help our seniors where they need it the most.