Alzheimer’s Care Services
At Loving Home Care Services, we have extensive experience working with seniors and their families who live with Alzheimer’s. Meeting the unique and changing needs of individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease can be very challenging given the dynamic and unpredictable nature of the disease. Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia and is a degenerative disease with no cure currently available.
Alzheimer’s is defined by the gradual decline of cognitive functions that include memory loss, communication skills, mood changes, loss of coordination, difficulty completing tasks, ability to make reasonable choices, and forgetful of family and friends. This change happens in the brain due to the loss of cells and a breakdown of important nerve connections over time, worsening the symptoms. Each individual is affected differently and it is difficult to predict symptoms, the order in which they will appear, or the speed of their progression. This creates medical issues that gradually breaks down the body and eventually, professional care services will be required. Family caregivers working with Alzheimer’s may experience extreme fatigue emotionally and physically, and it is not uncommon for them to further experience exhaustion and depression.
According to the Alzheimer Society of Canada, over 747,000 Canadians are living with Alzheimer’s or other dementia. Worldwide, at least 44 million people are living with dementia, more than the total population of Canada, making the disease a global health crisis that must be addressed. Additionally, about 25,000 new cases are diagnosed every year. By 2031, that number is expected to rise to 937,000, an increase of 66 percent.
Loving Home Care Services proudly carries 25 years of experience providing Alzheimer’s care in the North Shore and Greater Vancouver area. We pride ourselves on helping seniors continue to live comfortably in their own homes while providing the highest quality of home care in a safe, dignified and respectable manner.
Loving Home Care Services is a proud supporter and collaborator with Alzheimer Society of B.C., working together to break down stigma and help support the estimated 70,000 British Columbians affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Home Support for Alzheimer’s
Loving Home Care Services offers highly experienced, compassionate and caring staff that specialize in working with clients with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Whether it involves helping with daily activities like bathing, dressing, and grooming, getting to and from appointments, household tasks like grocery shopping, cooking nutritious meals, laundry, garbage removal, to nursing support, medication administration, mental stimulation and more, we are here to help.
We provide a holistic, person-centered care approach to the client by stimulating them mentally and physically while keeping them engaged socially and with routine daily tasks. By doing so we are able to promote and encourage independent healthy living and an elevated quality of life, all in the comforts of home. Add this to the support of our staff and case managers, aligned with the client’s level of mobility, dependence and cognitive state, ensure’s that their needs and the families needs are met.
The program we develop may draw from any of the following services:
- In-Home Services: Our Certified Care-Aides are specially trained to work with individuals with Alzheimer’s, providing medication administration or other care services as needed such as; bathing and dressing to cooking and meal preparation, allowing seniors to continue living in their own homes.
- Home Management: We know it can be difficult as a family care-aide to conduct regular home management tasks, like grocery store runs doing laundry, or taking care of pets. That’s why we offer home support services, taking some of those tasks off your hands as needed.
- Companionship: Our Certified Care-Aides are available to provide companionship to your loved one when you can’t be there, whether that involves going for a walk, reading a book or playing a game.
- Nursing & LPN Support Services: Our Certified Registered Nurses, and Licensed Practical Nurses can ensure you or your loved ones receive proper care at home, providing medication administration or other medical services as prescribed.
- Prescription Delivery: Through our partnership with Miracle Prescriptions Ltd., we can deliver prescribed medication seven days a week, ensuring you or your family members stay on top of their medication.
Get Started with a FREE Consultation
When it came time for my uncle to need support through his journey with Alzheimer’s, again the company made very good matches, both with part time companions, later live in caregivers and finally with support within his care home. This was a tremendous relief for me, as he was lovingly cared for throughout his illness. Loving Home care was especially good at dealing with emergencies especially if I was out of town. I could take breaks from caregiving knowing that I had backup from the agency.
1. Never ARGUE, instead AGREE
2. Never REASON, instead DIVERT
3. Never SHAME, instead DISTRACT
4. Never LECTURE, instead REASSURE
5. Never say “REMEMBER,” instead REMINISCE
6. Never say “I TOLD YOU,” instead REPEAT/REGROUP
7. Never say “YOU CAN’T,” instead do what they CAN
8. Never COMMAND/DEMAND, instead ASK/MODEL
9. Never CONDESCEND, instead ENCOURAGE
10. Never FORCE, instead REINFORCE
Our Role As A Care Provider
Our role at Loving Home Care Services is to work with our senior clients and families, to provide relief and assistance where it’s needed, ensuring our clients can comfortably remain in their home as they age.
Learn more about our trusted In-Home Care Services, call us today at 604.926.8403
Take a closer look at our Level I, III and III Care Services for more.
We work directly with our clients to put together the right package of services required to help our seniors where they need it the most.