When most people hear the words “Home Health Care” and “In-Home Care,” they assume those services are the same but as it turns out, there are some important differences.
Where Do You Begin?
Facing the fact that a family member needs an extended amount of care can often be daunting for many families. Coupled with the emotion of making important decisions daily, there is often a lack of clarity on the different types of care that are available to you or your loved ones.
Which type of care is best for your loved one?
What is the most realistic option, and affordable option for your family?
Answering these questions isn’t always easy, but in order to decide on the best option, it’s important to look at the most common forms of care.
One of the best decisions to start with is choosing between Home Health Care, and In-Home Care. Deciding on one of these options first can greatly help you to begin the necessary planning ahead and unwanted headaches.
What’s The Difference Between Home Health Care vs. In-Home Care?
Home Health Care Is Administered By A Professional Medical Worker
Requiring written consent from a physician, this kind of care is essentially private hospital care within a home which usually requires around-the-clock assistance. It can be a less expensive option when compared to those of most extended care facilities, but more expensive than typical In-Home Care service because in most of these cases a registered nurse attends to the individual, resulting in higher hourly or 24 Hour Care charge. However, a Certified Care-Aide can perform and assist in the listed instances if the degree of care is minimal, and at the same rate as In-Home Care.
Types of assistance potentially covered:
- Medication Management
- Case Management
- Pain Management
- Chronic Disease Management
- Physical Therapy
- Post Surgery Care
- Injections / IV Therapy
- Wound Care
- Diabetic Care
- Catheter Maintenance
- Colostomy Maintenance
- Private Nursing Duties
In-Home Care Is Administered By Someone Who Isn’t In A Professional Medical Field
This type of care is either often done by someone in the family, a trusted individual or in many cases, a friendly and compassionate Home Care Assistant or Certified Care-Aide. The individual assisting will help with the day-to-day tasks and activities that your loved one is used to, but can’t necessarily do on their own.
Types of assistance potentially covered:
- Hygiene Maintenance
- Mobility Assistance
- Laundry & Linens
- Home Safety Maintenance
- Appointments & Errands Assistance
Are They Always Completely Separate, or Work Together?
Despite how different they may seem, both In-Home Care and Home Health Care often meet on common ground when it comes to the specific services provided.
In-Home Care-Aides will consult with doctors or nurses when a change in physical routine is needed, or specific medication needs to be adjusted. Communication between both the Care-Aide and the medical professional is paramount. It’s up to the Care-Aide to relay any important information to the agency, family, and doctor and give updates on progress being made daily. The family is always involved with communication and plays an integral part of an individual’s overall well-being and road to recovery.
Why Choose Loving Home Care Services
Are you thinking of home care or is someone you know? Life can be unpredictable and whether it’s an illness or some other significant event in any stage of life, you or a family member may be in need of professional home and health care services.
There are many reasons to choose Loving Home Care Services as your care provider;
- We offer a wide spectrum of home and health care services ranging from part-time home support, personal care or companionship, to full-time around-the-clock care.
- We are available 24/7/365 with compassionate and trusted Home Care Assistants and Certified Care-Aides so you or your family member will never feel alone or be without care.
- We provide ongoing training and support for all staff and access to continuing education programs.
- All staff is bonded, insured and thoroughly pre-screened and we assign a wonderful individual the first time 99% of the time.
- We excel and strive on developing on-going, happy and fruitful relationship that last.
- We carry affordable, competitive rates while compensating staff fairly and above industry average.
- Feel comfortable and safe with our services and be worry and stress-free.
- Read our astounding testimonials to learn more about our industry-recognized quality of care.
Learn more about our trusted In-Home Care Services, call us today at 604.926.8403
Take a closer look at our Level I, III and III Care Services for more.
We work directly with our clients to put together the right package of services required to help our seniors where they need it the most.