Parkinson’s Care Services
At Loving Home Care Services, we aim to ease the process of dealing with Parkinson’s by providing a spectrum of care services to you and your family. Our caregivers are specially trained to develop a plan of care for those with Parkinson’s, including aspects like assistance with daily activities like bathing and dressing, companionship services, nursing support or relief from household tasks like grocery shopping. We will work with you to develop a plan that allows you or your loved one to continue living comfortably at home.
Home Care for Parkinson’s
Our role at Loving Home Care Services is to develop a specialized plan for you or your loved one incorporating therapy, medication management and assistance with daily tasks like cooking, bathing or dressing. We offer a full spectrum of services to fit your needs or the needs of your loved one as you deal with Parkinson’s. The program we develop together can draw from any of the following services:
- Home Care Services: Our highly trained certified caregivers can provide assistance with therapy and movements to help individuals cope with changes in movement ability or improve motor skills, providing medication administration or other care services as needed such as; bathing and dressing to cooking and meal preparation, allowing seniors to continue living in their own homes.
- Home Management: We offer home support services for tasks like grocery store runs or doing laundry to give you more time as a caregiver for quality time with your loved one and self-care.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are available to provide companionship to your loved one when you can’t be there, whether that involves going for a walk, reading a book or playing a game
- Nursing & LPN Support Services: Our certified registered nurses, and licensed practical nurses can ensure you or your loved ones receive proper care at home, providing medication administration or other medical services as prescribed.
- Prescription Delivery: Through our partnership with Miracle Prescriptions Ltd., we can deliver prescribed medication seven days a week, ensuring you or your family members stay on top of their medication.
Get Started with a FREE Consultation
It’s tough to leave the care of a loved one in the hands of another so to have such caring, trusting people who care so much is so comforting and alleviates much of the stress that comes along with having to rely other people. The caregivers became an extension of our family and treated us as one of theirs.
What is Parkinson’s?
Parkinson’s is a disorder of the brain that can greatly affect movement, resulting in shakiness and difficulty walking, moving, speaking or swallowing. The condition is caused by a lack of dopamine in the brain, a chemical that is used to help control muscle movement throughout the body. Without the dopamine, the brain can’t send proper signals to muscles in the rest of the body.
Parkinson’s progresses slowly in most people, often taking years to develop. It can affect one or both sides of the body, and the speed that it progresses varies from person to person. Early symptoms typically include a mild tremor or slight feeling of stiffness. Later symptoms include greater issues with movement and some non-motor symptoms, including cognitive changes, sleep and mood disorders or other issues.
Parkinson’s currently has no cure, so treatment for the condition mainly consists of managing the symptoms and maintaining quality of life. Treatment can involve medications that increase levels of dopamine, good overall nutrition and health, physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy. Home modifications like railings or special eating utensils can also help individuals manage symptoms.
Our Role As A Care Provider
Here at Loving Home Care Services, we will work closely with you to develop an initial plan for coping with Parkinson’s, and then we will modify the plan as the condition progresses or changes.
If you need assistance with Parkinson’s care in Vancouver, call us today at 604.926.8403 to schedule a free in-home consultation.
We work directly with our clients to put together the right package of services required to help our seniors where they need it the most.