Dementia Care Services
At Loving Home Care Services, we have extensive experience providing dementia care to individuals and their families who are dealing with the condition. Dementia affects every aspect of a person’s life, and that’s why we offer comprehensive services tailored to your needs. Whether that involves helping with daily activities like bathing and dressing, relief from household tasks like grocery shopping and laundry, or nursing support and medication administration, Loving Home Care Services is here to help.
Home Care for Dementia
Located in Vancouver, Loving Home Care Services offers a spectrum of services to fit your needs or the needs of your loved one as you deal with dementia. Whether you need assistance cooking, companionship, medication reminders or nursing support, our role is to tailor a program to your needs that allows your loved one to stay in their home as they age. The program we develop together can draw from any of the following services:
- In-Home Services: Our Certified Care-Aides are specially trained to work with individuals with dementia, providing medication administration or other care services as needed such as; bathing and dressing to cooking and meal preparation, allowing seniors to continue living in their own homes.
- Home Management: We know it can be difficult as a family care-aide to conduct regular home management tasks, like grocery store runs doing laundry, or taking care of pets. That’s why we offer home support services, taking some of those tasks off your hands as needed.
- Companionship: Our Certified Care-Aides are available to provide companionship to your loved one when you can’t be there, whether that involves going for a walk, reading a book or playing a game.
- Nursing & LPN Support Services: Our certified registered nurses, and licensed practical nurses can ensure you or your loved ones receive proper care at home, providing medication administration or other medical services as prescribed.
- Prescription Delivery: Through our partnership with Miracle Prescriptions Ltd., we can deliver prescribed medication seven days a week, ensuring you or your family members stay on top of their medication.
Get Started with a FREE Consultation
Victorina took wonderful care of our mother whose progressive dementia made daily living in her home increasingly challenging. A great caregiver and companion, Victorina provided a level of home support that enabled Mom to live in her own home safely. We highly recommend LHCS.
What is Dementia?
Dementia is a term that describes a wide range of symptoms involving a decline in memory and mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Alzheimer’s is the most common type of dementia, but there are many other conditions that can cause symptoms of dementia. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, the second most common type of dementia is vascular dementia, which occurs after a stroke. There are also some conditions that cause dementia symptoms that are reversible, like thyroid problems and vitamin deficiencies.
Symptoms of dementia can vary greatly, but they typically involve significant impairment of memory, communication and language, ability to focus and pay attention, reasoning and judgment, or visual perception. Dementias are typically progressive conditions, starting out with mild memory loss or other symptoms and gradually worsening from there. Late stages of dementia can greatly impact an individual’s regular functions, including the ability to hold a conversation or respond to their environment.
Dementia is caused by damage to brain cells, and there’s no single test to determine if someone has dementia, given the variety of conditions involved. While some conditions are treatable, most progressive dementia conditions, like Alzheimer’s, don’t have a cure. There are treatments available to temporarily slow the worsening of dementia symptoms and improve quality of life, but they don’t stop the progression of symptoms.
Our Role As A Care Provider
Our role at Loving Home Care Services is to work with you to develop a specialized dementia care plan specific to the current abilities and stages of dementia you or your loved one is dealing with. We will modify the plan with you as the condition progresses or changes.
If you need assistance with dementia care in Vancouver, call us today at 604.926.8403 to schedule a free in-home consultation.
We work directly with our clients to put together the right package of services required to help our seniors where they need it the most.