Alzheimer’s Care Services
At Loving Home Care Services, we have extensive experience working with individuals who have Alzheimer’s to help them and their families live with the condition. Whether you or a loved one need medication reminders and administration, help with daily activities like bathing and dressing, or relief from tasks like housekeeping and laundry, Loving Home Care Services is here to help. We are family owned and operated and have more than 20 years of experience providing the elderly with high quality personal care. We work to help your loved one stay in their home as they age, tailoring care to the needs of you and your family.
Home Support for Alzheimer’s
At Loving Home Care Services, we offer a spectrum of services to fit your needs or the needs of your loved one. Whether you need prescription delivery, companionship, nursing supporting or assistance with daily tasks, we can customize a program tailored to your needs. The program we develop together can draw from any of the following services:
- In-Home Services: Our certified care-aides are specially trained to work with individuals with Alzheimer’s, providing medication administration or other care services as needed such as; bathing and dressing to cooking and meal preparation, allowing seniors to continue living in their own homes.
- Home Management: We can provide relief to you or your loved one from basic home management tasks, like grocery store runs, doing laundry, watering plants or taking care of pets.
- Companionship: If you or your loved simply need to spend more time with someone, our care-aides are there to go for a walk, read a book or play mind stimulating games.
- Nursing & LPN Support Services: Our certified registered nurses, and licensed practical nurses can ensure you or your loved ones receive proper care at home, providing medication administration or other medical services as prescribed.
- Prescription Delivery: Through our partnership with Miracle Prescriptions Ltd., we can deliver prescribed medication seven days a week, ensuring you or your family members stay on top of their medication.
Get Started with a FREE Consultation
When it came time for my uncle to need support through his journey with Alzheimer’s, again the company made very good matches, both with part time companions, later live in caregivers and finally with support within his care home. This was a tremendous relief for me, as he was lovingly cared for throughout his illness. Loving Home care was especially good at dealing with emergencies especially if I was out of town. I could take breaks from caregiving knowing that I had backup from the agency.
What is Alzheimer’s?
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, accounting for 60 to 80 percent of dementia cases, according go the Alzheimer’s Association. Alzheimer’s causes problems with memory, thinking and behaviour, usually getting worse over time. In the early stages of Alzheimer’s, memory loss is mild, but as it progresses, Alzheimer’s can impact an individual’s ability to hold a conversation or respond to their environment.
Although the majority of people with Alzheimer’s are age 65 and older, Alzheimer’s is not a normal part of again and can occur in younger people. When Alzheimer’s occurs in younger adults, it is classified as early onset Alzheimer’s and usually occurs when someone is in their 40s or 50s.
There is currently no cure for Alzheimer’s, but treatments are available to temporarily slow the worsening of dementia and improve quality of life. There is research underway to develop better ways to treat Alzheimers, delay its onset and prevent it from developing.
Our Role As A Care Provider
Our role at Loving Home Care Services is to work with you to provide relief and assistance where needed, ensuring your loved ones can comfortably stay in their home as they age.
If you need assistance with Alzheimer’s care in Vancouver, call us today at 604.926.8403 to schedule a free in-home consultation.
We work directly with our clients to put together the right package of services required to help our seniors where they need it the most.